Pages

4/27/2011

April Flowers

Today was awesome, weather-wise, and it was Dream’s day. After a thorough grooming his coat started to gleam with his beautiful coppery chestnut color. Then we went out for lunging and “reward” grazing on the lawn.

My plan is to begin the season lunging him in all the areas he shows lack of confidence working in. The reason is to have his focus and attention. However, I may take him for little rides in-between, in areas where he is already confident or may still want to stretch his borders.

I am pleased with how he is getting more and more used to my handling him (leading and lunging) from the right side. Today he was even better going right than left. It could be that he was already bored by the time we circled left. I wanted to keep the session short, but had already gone over my allotted time.

He used to get upset when I led or lunged to the right. He would pin his ears and fuss.

I’ve studied my training notes in preparation for spring, and I’ve made my 2011 Goals. I will post them soon, maybe with the notes included, which are a good summary of where we’ve been since 2007.

Photo by Saul 2007

April Flowers, 1991
Rialto, Nasrullah, Tourbillon
a Brazilian horse

No comments: