Pages

3/10/2011

Real Quiet

My boys have been busy with their visiting cousin all week, so my daughter Aislinn finally had a chance to view the horse drawing video she received for Christmas. 
Easy 2 Draw Horses with Cordi

She has been having a wonderful time with it. The video shows her blocking, shading, blending, texture—and she’s more able to draw horses like she’s always wanted to.

Since we are all horse lovers, I thought I would share some of the drawings. Aislinn is eight and a half, but has been working on drawing horses for years.

This is the first thing she drew, after the first lesson:

#1 Appaloosa

Then the rest of the day she drew these:

a foal

full horse


horse rearing, colored with chalk



Then the next day she drew:
her favorite drawing so far


mare with attitude

the second Appaloosa

She's using more texture in these last two.


And today it was:  


a bucking horse

So Aislinn's been bringing these up to us for three days and I really wanted to share them.

(I really need Cordi to make a sequel to her drawing video!)


Won Kentucky Derby, Preakness S., 2nd in Belmont S. (1998) at 3.
1998 Champion Three-Year-Old Colt
Died in paddock accident (fractured vertebrae) 9/27/2010.


8 comments:

ToCatchAPony said...

Hi Allison, they are really lovely, she a lot of talent....and don't you ever throw them out (or tidy them into the bin, us mums are always at that):)
Antonia

Allison said...

Oh thank you Antonia, I will tell her-- and are you kidding?! I'm the crazy Mom with boxes of my children's art in storage. :-) <3

allhorsestuff said...

Oh! She's so good, the expression its excellent!

When I was in third grade, is was told to
Not draw any more horses on my school papers!

juliette said...

Love, love, love these - wonderful. I agree with Antonia - Aislinn is very talented.

Rising Rainbow said...

Oh, she's doing awesome. Good for her and good for you encouraging her.

Allison said...

Oh thanks, I know you artists must see many things I do not, I'm 'just' a proud Mom, but she's drawing horses better than I do now! :-)

allhorsestuff, that's great. :-) Well, at least these ARE her school papers! :-)!! heeheehee

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

Love the rearing horse! Children are just natural artists. We must take care to support them at her age, like you are doing :)

Real Quiet - on of my favorite horses ever. SO sad about his untimely passing. I get to ride a son of his occasionally :)

Buttons Thoughts said...

Wow those drawings are fantastic that is a true talent. B