Pages

11/15/2010

Addendum

Yesterday we tried Ebony in the Dr. Cook’s bitless, which was a cob size so I was able to make it small enough for her. She showed up her brother and took to it immediately, so that part of the riding went well.

Mondays are not usually a ‘horse’ day for me (except for feeding and cleaning), since I’m getting the school up and running for the week, and usually recuperating from an exhausting weekend of work and play.

My friend told me to keep the bridle one more day so I went into Dreamer’s stall today and tried the bridle on him, checking the fit and then just gently using it as if I were riding, to see if he could tell what was being asked. I practiced a few times on both sides with him. I’m still not sure if he ‘gets’ it, but one side was much better than another in his response. 

grazing in the Arena, Spring 2009


Since I don’t have a bitless bridle, for now I can continue to go with a halter and lead ropes, for both him and for Ebony. The weather looks like we are going to start with warm and sunny tomorrow to rain, cooler temps, then snow by the end of the week. This weekend I am going to New Jersey.




Addendum, 1999
(s) Unbridleds Song


2 comments:

juliette said...

That is great that Ebony did well. I reread my comment on the last post - I sure sound bossy - sorry!!! I just want the bitless ot work out for you and Dream.
Have a peaceful week and safe trip!

Allison said...

Silly, you didn't sound bossy at all: I heard the tone of a teacher who cares! :-)